Thursday 26 January 2017

A Smooth Sea Never Made A Skillful Sailor

Since this is my first ever blog I thought that instead of writing something on the field of my interested area I would begin with Introducing myself and writing something about me, maybe it will be of no interest to some readers,if I do get some readers for my blog,but it just occur to me that my 1st blog should be about me and how i come across this beautiful idea.

I have done graduation in Journalism and Mass Comm(Hons) and I belong from a place called Kolkata(West Bengal) India,but since I pass out from college I haven't worked and its been 3 yrs approx, though i did internship with some of the decent company(without pay,of course) and had worked as a content writer(they paid me in pennies for working my ass off) during my college days, but apart from it I don't have any experience. I was this excited newly pass out college girl scintillating with hope that my life is going to be awe-inspiring, finally I m going to be an independent,working women, writing articles and seeing my name publish in some magazine/newspaper even maybe online e-news.

But this was not my fate, as soon as my college life ended and i was preparing myself for the job, when my parents started discouraging me to take up any job that would require late night return from work or running all over the place taking interviews or any such job that would require me to stay out late because what the society will say,girl coming so late home from work and also its not safe for women too. I think its the latter part that worries my parents as do all other parents of working women living in India,not just working but parents of all women working or not, but still there is this thing I have notice in our Indian society that parents would rather spend lacs into their daughter's marriage than to spend on their education and career.

I,however, tried convincing my parents that they do allow me to work and why it is so important to me, my father loves me dearly so after lots of coaxing and requesting, he allow me to work but under certain terms and condition. I did try my hands on various jobs I can get, even teaching but none worked for me because I was not made for those field, I hardly worked anywhere more than a month. Soon after my father retired from office and within a month or two of his retirement he fell sick and so serious was his ailment that I have to give up my job which I was doing at that time,to look after my father because he needed someone to take care of him,since then something or the other is going on with both of my parents, its been 3 yrs and I had almost given up hope of  being an independent person or having a proper job or of earning a decent amount,I love my parents more than my career or myself.

A few days ago I came across a book, I m a bookworm or better bookaholic, of  Sophie Kinsella's confession of a shopaholic in which the lead character REBECCA BLOOMWOOD is a journalist and its all about her life complexities (but in my opinion I found her to be quite a fraud and yet luck favor her all the time).So, to tell you the truth I really got inspired by the author's book and some of the suggestions that I came across in the book has turn on some switched in my head that I just can't stop thinking, therefore,I started looking for writings article online or so jobs(part time),I searched and searched but nothing came my way that would be of my interest because,honestly we women don't get paid enough for our hard work,even for full time work let alone part time work.

Then I came across an article about "earning through blogging" and did some research and finally came to a conclusion that instead of wasting my time searching online for part-time writing job I should focus on improving my flair in writing and gain some experience in this field. Hence, I decided that I would write/review about things that I have experienced in my life or of things that i have used personally eg-make-up, skin care products,fashion,personal life experiences,books,etc.

And maybe then luck would favor me once(finger crossed,hopes high) just as luck favoured Rebecca bloomwood of Shopaholic series and maybe I would be able to start earning by blogging and reviewing as well as writing articles for others(oh,how much i would love to do that).

This blog is my SUNSHINE, it is where i can pour my heart and soul out and in turn it leading me into a new life that I so desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

BOOKCHOR - TO YOUR RESCUE

You must have guessed from the title what I m writing in my blog today about, yes it is about the very famous, the most efficient and the ...